In response to the growing concerns regarding the Novel Coronavirus, the Center will be taking the following precautions.
Due to the delayed reopening of TAS and TES, some classes and activities have been rescheduled or canceled.
- Ningxia Market Feast has been rescheduled to May 21st
- Taiwanese Please has been rescheduled to April 24th
- Chinese Knotting will start on March 3rd and run on 3/3, 3/10, 3/17 and 3/31
- Baoshan Trail Hike on 2/11 has been cancelled
- Pakistani Brunch on 2/21 has been cancelled
- Behind the Scenes Tour of the Shangri-La Far Eastern Plaza Hotel 2/24 – Canceled, possible future date TBD
- Chinese classes have a delayed start date, with potential for an online format for the first few weeks. If you wish to join a class or have questions about Chinese please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will be monitoring the situation closely and will post additional news or cancellation notices here should we feel the need based on a rapidly evolving situation.
Mandatory Hand Washing
In addition, upon entry to the Center all visitors, staff, volunteers or other guests will be required to spray their hands with hand sanitizer.
Please check below for links and resources regarding disease prevention and news about the 2019-nCoV Coronavirus. Please check our website and facebook page regularly for information about closures and class cancellations.
Map showing NIH pharmacies’ mask inventories
World Health Organization – Advice for the public
WHO’s standard recommendations for the general public to reduce exposure to and transmission of a range of illnesses are as follows, which include hand and respiratory hygiene, and safe food practices:
- Frequently clean hands by using alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water;
- When coughing and sneezing cover mouth and nose with flexed elbow or tissue – throw tissue away immediately and wash hands;
- Avoid close contact with anyone who has fever and cough;
- If you have fever, cough and difficulty breathing seek medical care early and share previous travel history with your health care provider;
- When visiting live markets in areas currently experiencing cases of novel coronavirus, avoid direct unprotected contact with live animals and surfaces in contact with animals;
- The consumption of raw or undercooked animal products should be avoided. Raw meat, milk or animal organs should be handled with care, to avoid cross-contamination with uncooked foods, as per good food safety practices
World Health Organization – 2019-nCoV background information
WHO – Statement on the second meeting of the International Health Regulations (2005) Emergency Committee regarding the outbreak of novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV) – Jan 30, 2020
WHO – Mythbusters
CDC on Facebook
Taipei Times – http://www.taipeitimes.com/
Taiwan News – https://www.taiwannews.com.tw/en/index