Mission: The Community Services Center is a non-profit organization that provides a support network of counseling, activities, events, cross-cultural education, and information services to meet the needs of the whole international community in Taipei and throughout Taiwan.
The Community Services Center is a Taipei-based non-profit organization founded in 1987 to offer support services to the international community in Taiwan. Our services and programs include:
- Counseling, including Crisis Response
- Newcomer Orientation Programs
- Cross-Cultural Training for the Workplace
- English Language Publications, including Taipei Living, which is the essential guidebook for living in Taipei; Centered on Taipei; Taipei Escapes 1 and 2
- Information and Referral Services
- Programs and Education, including ‘Survival Chinese’
- Please click here for more information about these services.
- The majority of The Center’s services are offered in English. We welcome all members of the international community regardless of race, nationality or religion.
If you are new to Taiwan or are contemplating moving to Taiwan, please contact our office manager for information about living in Taipei and/or to be added to our electronic newsletter distribution list.
The Community Services Center is open for drop-in visits or telephone inquiries Monday through Friday from 9:00am to 5:00pm. Come in and see us or call us at 02-2836 8134.
The Community Services Center is a non-profit organization that receives no government funding. The Center receives 50% of its revenue from fee-based programs, like counseling, continuing education, advertising, and 50% from donations generously provided by corporations, civic groups and individuals.
Furthermore, in the interest of fiscal prudence Center policy requires that the equivalent of 6 months operating expenses be maintained in reserve. As The Center does not charge membership fees or dues to those who use our services, we are financially vulnerable to crisis situations (ex. The SARS outbreak in 2003) and may require use of reserve funds to stay open. The Center’s annual budget is in the range of NT$22-26 million.
If you would like to receive a copy of our Annual Report, please call The Center at 2836 8134.